Tuesday 22 October 2019 / 10am - 3pm / Key Stage 5 / FREE
A FREE workshop for key stage 5 pupils to develop critical analysis, research and public speaking skills
ARTiculation Discovery Days are designed to develop and support students’ understanding and engagement with art. During this one-day workshop students will:
· explore art works through personal observation, discussion and primary research
· be encouraged to think independently, analyse information and ask informed questions
· learn how to conquer nerves, physically prepare, and successfully deliver a presentation to large audiences
· meet with and interview art world professionals
· deliver their research and personal responses in short group presentations to the workshop leaders and their fellow student investigators.
ARTiculation supports the national Arts Award initiative for both Silver and Gold (gaining up to 16 UCAS points), the EPQ, the Duke of Edinburgh Award, and UCAS personal statements.
ARTiculation is a nationally acclaimed public speaking initiative led by The Roche Court Educational Trust to promote the appreciation and discussion of visual culture. ARTiculation engages young people aged 14-23, regardless of background or experience, with art to develop their confidence and ability to express their opinions, thoughts and conclusions. Find out more here.
How to book
Up to 10 places per school are available on a first come, first serve basis. To book, complete and return the booking enquiry form via the link on the left hand side. For further information or to return your booking enquiry form, contact MK Gallery’s Learning Team: email@example.com / 01908 676900.
ARTiculation is led by The Roche Court Education Trust and forms part of MK Gallery’s Fluent Futures programme for oracy. Click the link on the left hand side for further information.